It’s been said that variety is the spice of life. So if you’re looking for a party that’s anything but ordinary, why not try an “anything but a cup” party?
The Anything but a Cup Party Meaning is Simple: guests bring anything but a cup to the party. This can be anything from a can of soda to a bottle of wine to a box of cereal. The possibilities are endless and the limits are held only by the person bringing their drinking container to the event.
Not only is this type of party a fun way to mix things up, but it’s also a great way to get people thinking outside the box if you’re really wanting to spice up your usual weekend get-together.
Anything but a Cup Party Rules
There is simply one rule that needs to be followed when looking at Anything but a Cup Party Rules; no traditional drinking cups (also, no using the cans/bottles your drinks we’re originally stored in!!).
Sure, you and your guests could bring their favorite coffee mugs instead, but this would be a little boring, don’t you think? So we would actively discourage being this boring, as the potential of this party idea heavily depends on how creative you and your friends can get.
Here are some other general rules to follow:
- All guests must bring their own “cup” and use the “cup” for the reminder of the evening. no cheating, no matter how desperate you are to go back to a traditional cup!
- People need to be unique! There is always going to be one person that just copies another guest to play it safe (even though bringing the wackiest drinking cup is literally all the fun); so make sure ideas go around in your group chat beforehand so people have plenty of creative ideas beforehand.
12 Weird Things to Drink Out Of At an ‘Everything but a Cup Party’
Here are some unique things to drink out of to help get your creative juices flowing:
Drinking out of fruit is always a good time, and it’s a great way to get your daily recommended intake of vitamins! This idea can also add a little extra flavor to your drinks too, which is an added benefit not every “cup” is going to have.
2. Dog Bowl
If you have any friends with dogs, ask to borrow one of their bowls for the night. Of course, you’re going to want to seriously clean this thing out before pouring your drink of choice within.
3. Spray Bottle
This is a classic and has been picked up by many TikTok users as of late. All you need is an empty spray bottle (make sure to clean it out first) and fill it up with your favorite beverage. To make things even more fun, try adding some food coloring to the mix.
4. Beer Hat
This feels like slightly cheating, but a beer hat is technically not a cup…regardless, beer hats are at least fun and if you’ve been waiting to finally use the one Grandma bought you a few Christmases ago, this is definitely the time.
5. Water Pistol/Super Soakers
Fill up some water pistols or super soakers with your favorite drink and get ready! This is a great mingling option too as you can easily walk around the party and squirt liquor into everyone’s mouths.
This is a classic for a reason – it’s easy to find and most people have one sitting around their house already. You could add some fake roses to the vase to get an extra laugh from your friends.
7. Traffic Cone
Another college classic – traffic cones are always a great choice. Sure they’re a common “cup” when it comes to this party theme but it’s always a fun choice.
8. An Old (clean) Shoe
If you can find an old shoe lying around (or even a brand new one), go ahead and fill it up with your favorite beverage. We recommend avoiding shoes that have been worn recently, just for hygiene reasons!
9. Small Bathroom Bin
You can find small bathroom bins at most stores, and they make for a great “cup” option! Although with this one, you might get sick of carrying it around with you, so be mindful!
10. Viking Drinking horn
Another cop-out option but one that is pretty cool at least. You can find these at most costume stores.
11. Ziplock Bag
Simply take a zip lock bag and fill it up with your favorite drink. Make sure to seal it tightly so you don’t end up in a huge mess!
12. Medicine Bottles
Finally, if you’re looking for something a little bit more unique, try using medicine bottles! These can be easily found at most stores, and it would wor great if you’re going for some sort of Doctor theme at your next Anything but a Cup Party.
Anything but a Cup Party Decorations
The decorations for Anything but a Cup Party are pretty much whatever you want them to be. You could go with a theme, like making it an 80’s party and breaking out the neon colors, or have a black light and some glow-in-the-dark paint to make things extra spooky.
Of course, you could also keep things simple and just use streamers, confetti, and some fun cups (again, not traditional drinking cups) as decoration.
Whatever you decide, just make sure that your decorations fit the tone of the party. If you want it to be a more laid-back affair, then don’t go too overboard with the decorations. But if you want it to be a wild and crazy party, then go all out.
Anything but a Cup Party Food
The great thing about Anything but a Cup Party is that you can get really creative with the food! If you want to have a themed party, then you can have themed foods to match. For example, if you’re having an 80’s party you could have some neon-colored foods or if you’re having a black light party you could have some glow-in-the-dark food.
Want to add some crazy, attention-grabbing candy to your party? Check out Poppin Candy.
Of course, you don’t have to have themed foods, but it can be fun if you do. You could also just have a bunch of different finger foods and snacks for your guests to munch on throughout the night.
Anything but a Cup Party Games
There are a few different games you could play at “Anything but a Cup Party”.
For example, you could have a contest to see who can drink out of their cup the fastest or who can hold their liquor the best; this could be a competition where you rate the best all-around cup. This will add a slight competitive vibe to the whole event, meaning people are going to get WAAAAAAY more creative due to bragging rights being on the line.
You could also play a game where people have to guess what kind of drink is in each cup. This is a great way to get people talking and mingling with each other, as well as getting them to try new things.
Of course, these are specific to the Anything but a Cup Party theme, but you could easily do all the classic party games; like truth or dare, charades, beer pong, etc. Just make sure that you adapt them to the fact that people are using cups instead of traditional drinking vessels.
Anything but a Cup Party Ideas for College
If you’re in college, then Anything but a Cup Party is the perfect way to let loose and have some fun! Here are some college-specific ideas to make sure your party is a hit:
- Have a “pregame” before the party where everyone gets together and makes their own cups. This is a great way to get everyone in the party mood and it’ll be a lot of fun to see what everyone comes up with!
- Set up a photobooth so people can take pictures with their friends and their wacky cups. This is a great way to capture the memories of the night and it’ll be something everyone will enjoy!
- Have a “post-game” after the party where everyone can trade cups. This is a great way for people to get new cups for future parties and it’s also a fun way to keep the party going even after it’s over!
Some Other Party Themes for Adults
Some other party themes for adults include:
- Masquerade party: A Masquerade party is a great way to let loose and have some fun! Guests can dress up in masks and costumes and drink and dance the night away.
- Casino party: A Casino party is a perfect way to bring the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas to your home! Guests can try their hand at poker, blackjack, and other casino games while enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
- Murder mystery party: A murder mystery party is a great way for guests to use their imaginations and solve a mystery! Guests can dress up as characters from the mystery and enjoy drinks and snacks while trying to figure out who the killer is.
- Karaoke party: A karaoke party is a great way to let your guests show off their singing skills! Guests can sing their favorite songs and enjoy drinks and snacks while belting out their favorite tunes.
No matter what party theme you choose, be sure to include some fun and festive foods and drinks to keep your guests happy.
What is ‘Anything but a Water Bottle Day’?
Anything but a Water Bottle day is the same as Anything but a Cup Party except it’s for a much younger audience; usually elementary school kids. The premise is the same; you drink out of anything but a traditional cup or water bottle. This day is usually celebrated in the summertime and it’s a great way to get kids excited about drinking water.
Of course, you don’t have to be a principal to set up an event like this. If you’re part of a sports club, or you have young children who you’re trying to encourage good water drinking habits, then Anything but a Water Bottle Day will be a great way to help.